Date & Nut Spice Protein Shake
Can a protein shake be cold and warm at the same time? Well, this is close. It has the warming qualities and spices that envoke fall, but its obviously frozen. I am anything but traditional with my protein shakes, so this flavor will be the first of many fall shakes. Enjoy!
4-5 ice cubes
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 6-8 oz unsweetened flax milk (or your preferred alternative milk)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use vega sport performance)
- 1 tbsp unsalted almond butter (I used my homemade cinnamon vanilla almond butter)
- 2 medjool dates (chopped)
- Cinnamon, nutmeg & clove to taste
- Optional toppings: granola & dried apricots
- Blend the ice, banana and flaxmilk together a bit before adding other ingredients. This lets the blender focus on the hard stuff and will make your shake smoother in the end.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and serve!
- Additional toppings that taste great: dried apricots, vanilla granola, coconut, more cinnamon and definitely more almond butter.
Not including granola or dried apricots
*This recipe contains 7.5g of fiber and is high in potassium, calcium & Vitamin A. The cinnamon is great for metabolism, stabilizing blood sugar and is a great source of antioxidants.