Vegan Chocolate Protein Mug Cake
This chocolate mug cake will be everything you want it to be and more! Now, I can’t take credit for this one, as the original recipe came from a fitness blog off Pinterest, but I will be playing with this recipe to make some more yummy flavors for you!
- 2 tbsp oat flour (blend 2 tbsp plain oats until it turns into flour)
- 1 tbsp protein powder (I used Sunwarrior Vanilla, but chocolate would work too)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- Optional: cinnamon and/or stevia to taste (I personally like a more bitter, rich cake)
- 1 flax egg (combine 1 tbsp ground flax seed and 3 tbsp warm water and let sit for 5 minutes)
- 2 tbsp alternative milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (you can sub applesauce to remove some fat)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I usually eyeball this one)
- 1 tbsp vegan chocolate chips (I used “Enjoy life”, they’re dairy free, sugar free and gluten free)
- Start the flax egg
- Spray the inside of a coffee mug with oil
- Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine
- Add the wet ingredients and stir to combine (If the batter seems too thick, add more “milk” until the batter resembles pancake batter)
- Cook in the microwave on high for 2 1/2- 3 minutes or until the top appears cooked and no longer gooey
- Loosen the cake from the mug with a spoon and empty onto a plate
- Optional: top with chocolate sauce, nut butters, fresh fruit or warm compote. Whatever your heart desires. Mine is topped with homemade cinnamon vanilla almond butter and a few chocolate chips. I ate my cake with a small glass of coconut milk as this cake is RICH and CHOCOLATEY, it’s only right to keep with tradition.
*Calculated without the topping, as your toppings may vary*
This cake has almost 6g of fiber and is high in Iron and antioxidants due to the cacao powder.
*Original recipe by fitnessista.com*